Private equity firms provide value to their portfolio companies beyond the initial investments. They offer expertise and, when necessary, governance. But firms are only doing half their job if they don’t mine their considerable networks to help their portfolio companies grow and scale.
Portfolio managers looking to expand their role without draining all their time and energy should be leveraging one of their most powerful resources: their networks. Connections, both informal and formal, can be utilized in all areas of portfolio management. In RelSci's most recent white paper, we examine the role relationship capital plays in portfolio management and business growth. In addition, we also discuss:
- How private equity firms provide value to their companies through relationships
- How firms can leverage their networks to better position their portfolio companies
- The one area where all firms could be doing more to help grow their investments
Interested in learning what your firm's network can do for your portfolio companies? Download our free white paper, "How private equity firms leverage their networks."
- How smart private equity firms use relationship capital to drive growth
- Leverage your network to help your portfolio companies hire top talent