Gemalto first semester 2017 results
- Revenue of EUR1.4 billion, lower by (8%) at constant exchange rates and (7%) at historical exchange rates
- Government Programs and Machine-to-Machine acceleration in the second quarter after a slow start
- Acquisition of 3M's Identity Management Business well received by customers
- Profit from operations at EUR93 million, with EUR50 million of free cash flow
- EUR425 million goodwill impairment charge as a result of deteriorated prospects for the removable SIM market
To better assess past and future performance, the income statement is presented on an adjusted basis and variations in revenue figures above and in this document are at constant exchange rates except where otherwise noted (see page 2 "Basis of preparation of financial information"). Non-GAAP financial measures are not meant to be considered in isolation or as a substitute for comparable IFRS measures and should be read only in conjunction with the consolidated financial statements. Reconciliation with the IFRS income statement is presented in Appendix 1. The statement of financial position is prepared in accordance with IFRS, and the cash position variation schedule is derived from the IFRS cash flow statement. All figures in this press release are unau...