Clauss Brothers, Inc.

Clauss Brothers, Inc.

Clauss Brothers, Inc.

Overview
Date Founded

1925

Headquarters

12 North 330 Switzer Road,Elgin, IL 60124

Type of Company

Private

Industries

Engineering, Construction & Architecture
Other Business & Consulting Services

Company Description

Clauss Brothers, Inc provides landscape architectural and contracting services. The firm's services include golf course construction, landscape maintenance and snow removal, design, site engineering, and associated work with landscape construction and maintenance management. The company was founded by Otto Clauss and Henry Clauss in 1925 and is headquartered in Elgin, IL.

Executives & Employees

President

Project Manager

Construction Manager

Paths to Clauss Brothers, Inc.
Potential Connections via
Relationship Science
You
Clauss Brothers, Inc.
Clients

The Trust for Public Land (TPL) is a US nonprofit organization that conserves land and creates parks for human enjoyment and benefit. Since its founding in 1972, the organization has completed more than 5,300 park and conservation projects in 47 states, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. The trust’s projects bring land into public or protected ownership for parks, trails, natural areas, watersheds, river and waterfront access, and productive farms and forests. The trust also oversees the planning and construction of city parks and helps raises local, state, and national funds for conservation. Headquartered in San Francisco, the trust maintains more than 30 offices and 300 staff nationwide. A 501(c)(3) nonprofit, it is a Better Business Bureau accredited charity and a top-rated charity by the American Institute of Philanthropy’s Charity Watch.

The mission of the Chicago Botanic Garden is to promote the enjoyment, understanding, and conservation of plants and the natural world. The Garden continues to strive to meet the lofty goals set more than a century ago. The Chicago Botanic Garden, with its world-renowned plant collections and displays, is one of the country's most visited public gardens and a preeminent center for learning and scientific research. The 385-acre Garden features 26 display gardens and four natural areas, uniquely situated on nine islands surrounded by lakes. HISTORY The Chicago Horticultural Society was founded in 1890. At its heart was the understanding that the city of Chicago was incorporated with the Latin words Urbs in Horto, meaning "city in a garden." The Society hosted nationally recognized flower and horticultural shows from its beginning. Information on the first show the new Society hosted is lost to history, but records archived at the Chicago Botanic Garden confirm the second show was held in the autumn of 1892 at the Regiment Armory, possibly at 1542 South Michigan Avenue, where a new armory opened in 1890. With two successful annual shows behind them, the Society next hosted the World’s Columbian Exposition Chrysanthemum Show, held in conjunction with the world’s fair in the autumn of 1893, at the newly built and just-opened Art Institute of Chicago. After a period of inactivity, the Chicago Horticultural Society was restarted in 1943. In 1962, modern history begins when the Society agreed to help create and manage a new public garden. With the groundbreaking for the Garden in 1965 and its opening in 1972, the Society created a permanent site on which to carry out its mission. The mission encompasses three important components: collections, education, and research. In 2012, the Chicago Botanic Garden celebrated its 40th anniversary. In looking back over the Garden's growth since 1972, Garden staff, members, and visitors could appreciate the remarkable changes that had taken place. The 40th anniversary website included a timeline of significant events, historical photos, and opportunities for community members to share their experiences at the Garden

This web site is not endorsed by, directly affiliated with, maintained, authorized, or sponsored by Clauss Brothers, Inc.. The use of any trade name or trademark is for identification and reference purposes only and does not imply any association with the trademark holder. The Presence of Clauss Brothers, Inc.'s profile does not indicate a business or promotional relationship of any kind between RelSci and Clauss Brothers, Inc..