Brian M. Levitt

Chancellor at Bishop's University

Brian M. Levitt

Brian M. Levitt

Chancellor at Bishop's University

Overview
Career Highlights

Imasco Ltd.

RelSci Relationships

767

Number of Boards

15

Birthday

1948

Age

72

Number of Awards

3

Relationships
RelSci Relationships are individuals Brian M. Levitt likely has professional access to. A relationship does not necessarily indicate a personal connection.

Group President & Chief Executive Officer at TD Bank Group

Relationship likelihood: Strong

Executive Officer at Gleacher & Co., Inc.

Relationship likelihood: Strong

President & Chief Executive Officer at Domtar Corp.

Relationship likelihood: Strong

Partner at Radical Ventures Investments, Inc.

Relationship likelihood: Strong

President at Grand Trunk Corporation

Relationship likelihood: Strong

Former President, Chief Executive Officer & Director at TD Ameritrade Holding Corp.

Relationship likelihood: Strong

Former Chief Financial & Administrative Officer at Bank of Montreal

Relationship likelihood: Strong

Managing Partner, Chief Executive Officer at Deloitte & Touche LLP - Chicago

Relationship likelihood: Strong

Fellow at The Canadian Academy of Engineering

Relationship likelihood: Strong

Chief Executive Officer at Akim, Inc.

Relationship likelihood: Strong

Paths to Brian M. Levitt
Potential Connections via
Relationship Science
You
Brian M. Levitt
Chancellor at Bishop's University
Education
B.A.Sc

Established in 1827, the University of Toronto has one of the strongest research and teaching faculties in North America, presenting top students at all levels with an intellectual environment unmatched in depth and breadth on any other Canadian campus. With more than 82,000* students across three campuses (St. George, Mississauga and Scarborough) and over 500,000 alumni active in every region of the world, U of T's influence is felt in every area of human endeavour.

LLB

Established in 1887, the Faculty of Law is one of the oldest professional faculties at the University of Toronto, with a long and illustrious history. Today, it is one of the world's great law schools, a dynamic academic and social community with more than 50 full-time faculty members and 15-25 distinguished short-term visiting professors from the world's leading law schools, as well as 600 undergraduate and graduate students. The Faculty's rich academic programs are complemented by its many legal clinics and public interest programs, and its close links to the Faculty's more than 6,000 alumni, who enjoy rewarding careers in every sector of Canadian society and remain involved in many aspects of life at the law school. Housed in two beautiful, historic buildings, the Faculty also features modern facilities, including the renowned, high-technology Bora Laskin Law Library. Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, Canada's largest city, the law school is near a wide variety of attractions including the Royal Ontario Museum, which is next door.

Career History
Chief Executive Officer
1991 - 2000

Imasco Ltd., part of British American Tobacco plc, is a company headquartered in Montréal, QC, Canada. The firm engages in manufacturing of tobacco products. It was acquired by The Toronto-Dominion Bank on 18 Feb 00 for $7,264.35 million.

Partner
Prior

Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP provides legal services. It offers services in the areas of business law, commercial property, communications and media, trade, construction & infrastructure, corporate finance, and intellectual property. The company was founded in 1862 and is headquartered in Toronto, ON.

Chancellor
2013 - Current

Bishop's University is a predominantly undergraduate university in Lennoxville, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada.

Boards & Committees
Advisor to the Board of Directors
2020 - Current

Xebec Adsorption, Inc. engages in the design and manufacture of environmentally responsible purification, separation, dehydration, and filtration equipment for gases and compressed air. It operates through the following segments: Systems, Service, and Infrastructure. The System segment provides renewable natural gas, hydrogen, and renewable hydrogen for a variety of applications, from fuel cells to fossil fuel replacement applications for low carbon transportation fuels. The Infrastructure segment includes project development of renewable natural gas production facilities, in the build, own and operate model that will generate low-carbon renewable transport fuels and carbon credits. The Service segment deals with industrial products, parts, service, and operational support. The company was founded by Kurt Sorschak in 1967 and is headquartered in Blainville, Canada.

Member, Board of Directors
2016 - Current

TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation (NYSE: AMTD), through its brokerage subsidiaries, combines innovative trading technology, easy-to-use and understand trading tools, investment services, investor education and outstanding client service to create the ultimate financial services experience. Now home to the award-winning thinkorswim trading technology* and the Investools investor education program – TD Ameritrade provides millions of retail investors, traders and independent Registered Investment Advisors (RIAs) the tools, service and support they need to help build confidence in today's rapidly changing market environment

Member, Board of Directors
2007 - Current

We operate the following business segments: Pulp and Paper, Distribution and Personal Care. We had revenues of $5.6 billion in 2011, of which approximately 85% was from the Pulp and Paper segment, approximately 14% was from the Distribution segment and approximately 1% was from the Personal Care segment. Our Personal Care segment was formed on September 1, 2011, upon completion of the acquisition of Attends. Pulp and Paper We produce 4.3 million metric tons of hardwood, softwood and fluff pulp at 12 of our 13 mills. The majority of our pulp is consumed internally to manufacture paper and consumer products, with the balance being sold as market pulp. We also purchase papergrade pulp from third parties allowing us to optimize the logistics of our pulp capacity while reducing transportation costs. We are the largest integrated marketer and manufacturer of uncoated freesheet paper in North America. We have 10 pulp and paper mills (8 in the United States and 2 in Canada), with an annual paper production capacity of approximately 3.5 million tons of uncoated freesheet paper. Our paper manufacturing operations are supported by 15 converting and distribution operations including a network of 12 plants located offsite of our paper making operations. Also, we have forms manufacturing operations at one offsite converting and distribution operations and two stand-alone forms manufacturing operations. Approximately 78% of our paper production capacity is in the U.S., and the remaining 22% is located in Canada. We produce market pulp in excess of our internal requirements at our three non-integrated pulp mills in Kamloops, Dryden, and Plymouth as well as at our pulp and paper mills in Espanola, Ashdown, Hawesville, Windsor, Marlboro and Nekoosa. We have the capacity to sell approximately 1.7 million metric tons of pulp per year depending on market conditions. Approximately 43% of our trade pulp production capacity is in the U.S., and the remaining 57% is located in Canada

Vice Chairman, Board of Directors
Current

The C. D. Howe Institute is an independent not-for-profit research institute whose mission is to raise living standards by fostering economically sound public policies. It is Canada’s trusted source of essential policy intelligence, distinguished by research that is nonpartisan, evidence-based and subject to definitive expert review. It is considered by many to be Canada’s most influential think tank.

Chairman, Board of Trustees
2008 - Prior

Montréal Museum of Fine Arts operates as an art museum. The firm is a member of the International Council of Museums (ICOM), the Canadian Museums Association (CMA), the Société des musées du Québec (SMQ), Tourisme Montréal and Culture Montréal and the Board of Trade of Metropolitan Montreal. The company is headquartered in Montréal, Canada.

Member, Competition Policy Review Panel
2007 - Prior
Transactions
Details Hidden

Quad/Graphics, Inc. purchases World Color Press, Inc.

Details Hidden

International Petroleum Investment Co. PJSC, Government of United Arab Emirates purchase NOVA Chemicals Corp.

Details Hidden

Ameritrade Holding Corp. purchases TD Waterhouse Group, Inc. from TD Bank Group resulting in a new company TD Ameritrade Holding Corp.

Public Holdings
Restricted data only for RelSci Professional users.
Awards & Honors
2014
Chambers Global - World’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Corporate/M&A
2012
Who’s Who Legal - International Who’s Who of Corporate Governance Lawyers
2012
Expert Guides - Best of the Best USA, Corporate Governance
This web site is not endorsed by, directly affiliated with, maintained, authorized, or sponsored by Brian M. Levitt. The use of any trade name or trademark is for identification and reference purposes only and does not imply any association with the trademark holder. The Presence of Brian M. Levitt's profile does not indicate a business or promotional relationship of any kind between RelSci and Brian M. Levitt.