Patsy Benveniste

Vice President, Education & Community Programs at Chicago Botanic Garden

Patsy Benveniste

Patsy Benveniste

Vice President, Education & Community Programs at Chicago Botanic Garden

Biography

Patsy Benveniste is Vice President-Education & Community Programs at Chicago Horticultural Society.

Overview
RelSci Relationships

276

Number of Boards

1

Contact Data
Trying to get in touch with Patsy Benveniste? Subscribe today to access their professional contact information and receive a one time promotion of free Contact Data credits!
Relationships
RelSci Relationships are individuals Patsy Benveniste likely has professional access to. A relationship does not necessarily indicate a personal connection.

Executive Vice President, Finance & Administration & Chief Financial Officer at Chicago Botanic Garden

Relationship likelihood: Strong

Senior Vice President & General Counsel at W.W. Grainger, Inc.

Relationship likelihood: Strong

Co-Founder at Catholic Investment Services, Inc.

Relationship likelihood: Strong

Director at Chicago Botanic Garden

Relationship likelihood: Strong

Director, Vice Chairman-Finance & Investment at Chicago Botanic Garden

Relationship likelihood: Strong

Partner at Reed Smith LLP

Relationship likelihood: Strong

Former Executive Director & President at Lincoln Park Zoo

Relationship likelihood: Strong

Vice President, Science & Chief Scientist at Chicago Botanic Garden

Relationship likelihood: Strong

Vice President, Government Affairs at Chicago Botanic Garden

Relationship likelihood: Strong

Vice President, Human Resources at Chicago Botanic Garden

Relationship likelihood: Strong

Paths to Patsy Benveniste
Potential Connections via
Relationship Science
You
Patsy Benveniste
Vice President, Education & Community Programs at Chicago Botanic Garden
Career History
Vice President, Education & Community Programs
Tenure Unconfirmed

The mission of the Chicago Botanic Garden is to promote the enjoyment, understanding, and conservation of plants and the natural world. The Garden continues to strive to meet the lofty goals set more than a century ago. The Chicago Botanic Garden, with its world-renowned plant collections and displays, is one of the country's most visited public gardens and a preeminent center for learning and scientific research. The 385-acre Garden features 26 display gardens and four natural areas, uniquely situated on nine islands surrounded by lakes. HISTORY The Chicago Horticultural Society was founded in 1890. At its heart was the understanding that the city of Chicago was incorporated with the Latin words Urbs in Horto, meaning "city in a garden." The Society hosted nationally recognized flower and horticultural shows from its beginning. Information on the first show the new Society hosted is lost to history, but records archived at the Chicago Botanic Garden confirm the second show was held in the autumn of 1892 at the Regiment Armory, possibly at 1542 South Michigan Avenue, where a new armory opened in 1890. With two successful annual shows behind them, the Society next hosted the World’s Columbian Exposition Chrysanthemum Show, held in conjunction with the world’s fair in the autumn of 1893, at the newly built and just-opened Art Institute of Chicago. After a period of inactivity, the Chicago Horticultural Society was restarted in 1943. In 1962, modern history begins when the Society agreed to help create and manage a new public garden. With the groundbreaking for the Garden in 1965 and its opening in 1972, the Society created a permanent site on which to carry out its mission. The mission encompasses three important components: collections, education, and research. In 2012, the Chicago Botanic Garden celebrated its 40th anniversary. In looking back over the Garden's growth since 1972, Garden staff, members, and visitors could appreciate the remarkable changes that had taken place. The 40th anniversary website included a timeline of significant events, historical photos, and opportunities for community members to share their experiences at the Garden

Boards & Committees
Member, Board of Directors
Current

The mission of the Chicago Botanic Garden is to promote the enjoyment, understanding, and conservation of plants and the natural world. The Garden continues to strive to meet the lofty goals set more than a century ago. The Chicago Botanic Garden, with its world-renowned plant collections and displays, is one of the country's most visited public gardens and a preeminent center for learning and scientific research. The 385-acre Garden features 26 display gardens and four natural areas, uniquely situated on nine islands surrounded by lakes. HISTORY The Chicago Horticultural Society was founded in 1890. At its heart was the understanding that the city of Chicago was incorporated with the Latin words Urbs in Horto, meaning "city in a garden." The Society hosted nationally recognized flower and horticultural shows from its beginning. Information on the first show the new Society hosted is lost to history, but records archived at the Chicago Botanic Garden confirm the second show was held in the autumn of 1892 at the Regiment Armory, possibly at 1542 South Michigan Avenue, where a new armory opened in 1890. With two successful annual shows behind them, the Society next hosted the World’s Columbian Exposition Chrysanthemum Show, held in conjunction with the world’s fair in the autumn of 1893, at the newly built and just-opened Art Institute of Chicago. After a period of inactivity, the Chicago Horticultural Society was restarted in 1943. In 1962, modern history begins when the Society agreed to help create and manage a new public garden. With the groundbreaking for the Garden in 1965 and its opening in 1972, the Society created a permanent site on which to carry out its mission. The mission encompasses three important components: collections, education, and research. In 2012, the Chicago Botanic Garden celebrated its 40th anniversary. In looking back over the Garden's growth since 1972, Garden staff, members, and visitors could appreciate the remarkable changes that had taken place. The 40th anniversary website included a timeline of significant events, historical photos, and opportunities for community members to share their experiences at the Garden

Non-Profit Donations & Grants

Learn how non-profit organizations benefit from RelSci
$250 - $999
2014

The mission of the Chicago Botanic Garden is to promote the enjoyment, understanding, and conservation of plants and the natural world. The Garden continues to strive to meet the lofty goals set more than a century ago. The Chicago Botanic Garden, with its world-renowned plant collections and displays, is one of the country's most visited public gardens and a preeminent center for learning and scientific research. The 385-acre Garden features 26 display gardens and four natural areas, uniquely situated on nine islands surrounded by lakes. HISTORY The Chicago Horticultural Society was founded in 1890. At its heart was the understanding that the city of Chicago was incorporated with the Latin words Urbs in Horto, meaning "city in a garden." The Society hosted nationally recognized flower and horticultural shows from its beginning. Information on the first show the new Society hosted is lost to history, but records archived at the Chicago Botanic Garden confirm the second show was held in the autumn of 1892 at the Regiment Armory, possibly at 1542 South Michigan Avenue, where a new armory opened in 1890. With two successful annual shows behind them, the Society next hosted the World’s Columbian Exposition Chrysanthemum Show, held in conjunction with the world’s fair in the autumn of 1893, at the newly built and just-opened Art Institute of Chicago. After a period of inactivity, the Chicago Horticultural Society was restarted in 1943. In 1962, modern history begins when the Society agreed to help create and manage a new public garden. With the groundbreaking for the Garden in 1965 and its opening in 1972, the Society created a permanent site on which to carry out its mission. The mission encompasses three important components: collections, education, and research. In 2012, the Chicago Botanic Garden celebrated its 40th anniversary. In looking back over the Garden's growth since 1972, Garden staff, members, and visitors could appreciate the remarkable changes that had taken place. The 40th anniversary website included a timeline of significant events, historical photos, and opportunities for community members to share their experiences at the Garden

$250 - $999
2013

The mission of the Chicago Botanic Garden is to promote the enjoyment, understanding, and conservation of plants and the natural world. The Garden continues to strive to meet the lofty goals set more than a century ago. The Chicago Botanic Garden, with its world-renowned plant collections and displays, is one of the country's most visited public gardens and a preeminent center for learning and scientific research. The 385-acre Garden features 26 display gardens and four natural areas, uniquely situated on nine islands surrounded by lakes. HISTORY The Chicago Horticultural Society was founded in 1890. At its heart was the understanding that the city of Chicago was incorporated with the Latin words Urbs in Horto, meaning "city in a garden." The Society hosted nationally recognized flower and horticultural shows from its beginning. Information on the first show the new Society hosted is lost to history, but records archived at the Chicago Botanic Garden confirm the second show was held in the autumn of 1892 at the Regiment Armory, possibly at 1542 South Michigan Avenue, where a new armory opened in 1890. With two successful annual shows behind them, the Society next hosted the World’s Columbian Exposition Chrysanthemum Show, held in conjunction with the world’s fair in the autumn of 1893, at the newly built and just-opened Art Institute of Chicago. After a period of inactivity, the Chicago Horticultural Society was restarted in 1943. In 1962, modern history begins when the Society agreed to help create and manage a new public garden. With the groundbreaking for the Garden in 1965 and its opening in 1972, the Society created a permanent site on which to carry out its mission. The mission encompasses three important components: collections, education, and research. In 2012, the Chicago Botanic Garden celebrated its 40th anniversary. In looking back over the Garden's growth since 1972, Garden staff, members, and visitors could appreciate the remarkable changes that had taken place. The 40th anniversary website included a timeline of significant events, historical photos, and opportunities for community members to share their experiences at the Garden

$250 - $999
2012

The mission of the Chicago Botanic Garden is to promote the enjoyment, understanding, and conservation of plants and the natural world. The Garden continues to strive to meet the lofty goals set more than a century ago. The Chicago Botanic Garden, with its world-renowned plant collections and displays, is one of the country's most visited public gardens and a preeminent center for learning and scientific research. The 385-acre Garden features 26 display gardens and four natural areas, uniquely situated on nine islands surrounded by lakes. HISTORY The Chicago Horticultural Society was founded in 1890. At its heart was the understanding that the city of Chicago was incorporated with the Latin words Urbs in Horto, meaning "city in a garden." The Society hosted nationally recognized flower and horticultural shows from its beginning. Information on the first show the new Society hosted is lost to history, but records archived at the Chicago Botanic Garden confirm the second show was held in the autumn of 1892 at the Regiment Armory, possibly at 1542 South Michigan Avenue, where a new armory opened in 1890. With two successful annual shows behind them, the Society next hosted the World’s Columbian Exposition Chrysanthemum Show, held in conjunction with the world’s fair in the autumn of 1893, at the newly built and just-opened Art Institute of Chicago. After a period of inactivity, the Chicago Horticultural Society was restarted in 1943. In 1962, modern history begins when the Society agreed to help create and manage a new public garden. With the groundbreaking for the Garden in 1965 and its opening in 1972, the Society created a permanent site on which to carry out its mission. The mission encompasses three important components: collections, education, and research. In 2012, the Chicago Botanic Garden celebrated its 40th anniversary. In looking back over the Garden's growth since 1972, Garden staff, members, and visitors could appreciate the remarkable changes that had taken place. The 40th anniversary website included a timeline of significant events, historical photos, and opportunities for community members to share their experiences at the Garden

Other Affiliations

Patsy Benveniste is affiliated with Chicago Botanic Garden, Chicago Botanic Garden

This web site is not endorsed by, directly affiliated with, maintained, authorized, or sponsored by Patsy Benveniste. The use of any trade name or trademark is for identification and reference purposes only and does not imply any association with the trademark holder. The Presence of Patsy Benveniste's profile does not indicate a business or promotional relationship of any kind between RelSci and Patsy Benveniste.
  • be_ixf; php_sdk; php_sdk_1.4.15
  • https://news.relsci.com/person/patsy-benveniste-109367632
  • https://news.relsci.com/person/patsy-benveniste-109367632